17 Qur'an verses for reflection below.
We humans have the intellectual faculties (`aql) to reason, believe in the invisible and learn. This is why we have been made from clay, the most malleable substance on which God prints our humanness. And the more we reflect on the signs of God, the more we love Him.
"If you're not reflecting, you are rejecting." - Shaykh Hamza YusufSome of the Qur'an ayaat asking us to think beyond our own noses are below. I've studied all of these verses partially to a level where I can discuss the tafsir, root verbs and any rulings derived from them, and I highly recommend you to do likewise. Above is my revision poster based on these verses. Some time soon insha-Allah I'll distribute this.
Those below marked with an *asterix are not in the poster.
Be A Thinker
- Think about the reason (Qur'an, 2:219)
- Who gave it to you? (Qur'an, 2:266)
- Remember to remember (Qur'an, 3:191)
- Where's the mistake? (Qur'an, 4:82)
- Learn to see and listen (Qur'an, 6:50)
- Find the parable (Qur'an, 7:176)
- He came to you (Qur'an, 7:184)*
- Sip water, but gulp milk (Qur'an, 16:66-72)*
- In destruction is a Mercy (Qur'an, 28:43)
- Connect both your lives (Qur'an, 30:8)
- Who entwined your hearts? (Qur'an, 30:21)*
- Reading is not enough (Qur'an, 38:29)
- Love your soul's freedom (Qur'an, 39:42)*
- Weigh it out (Qur'an, 40:58)
- Qur'an equals key (Qur'an, 47:24)
- The other half (Qur'an, 51:49)
- Create it, if you dare (Qur'an, 56:59-65)
More according to Qur'an:
- How To Speak
- What Is Love?
- The Qur'an's Unique Literary Form